The Decision on the obligation to submit the report on cash operations data (hereinafter referred to as 'Decision'), published in the Official Gazette 84/2020., will enter into force on 1 January 2021. The Decision prescribes the reporting entities, the contents and the scope of data related to cash and the time limits for and the manner of their delivery to the Croatian National Bank.
Reporting entities report to the Croatian National Bank in accordance with the Instructions on the manner of collection and compiling and the obligation to submit cash operations data (hereinafter referred to as 'Instructions'), which form a component part of the Decision.
The Instructions prescribe the collection of data on the balance and the movement of cash in the territory of the Republic of Croatia.
Pursuant to the Decision, reporting entities are, as follows:
- a credit institution which has its head office in the Republic of Croatia and is authorised by the Croatian National Bank;
- a credit institution which has its head office in another member state and is authorised to provide banking and financial services in the Republic of Croatia through a branch, when handling and processing cash in the Republic of Croatia;
- a third-country credit institution authorised by the Croatian National Bank to establish a branch of a third-country credit institution, when handling and processing cash in the Republic of Croatia; and
- other cash handlers.
The Instructions prescribe the compilation and submission of data on cash and machines used for the processing and recycling of cash through nine reports:
- Business unit cash transactions
- Machine cash transactions
- Cash balance
- Quantity of banknotes and coins processed
- Self-service machine transactions
- Remote business units processing
- Purchase and sale of cash in the interbank market – HRK/EUR
- Balance of foreign cash by currency in the denominations structure
- Banknote and coin processing machines and maintenance of machines.